I read in the newspaper that Marysville School System gave their teachers a $1,000 bonus and non-teaching staff a $500 bonus. With a price tag of just under $490,000. I thought only companies or corporations that had a good year with increase in sales of increase in production gave out bonuses.
That being said, it happens that the next day I received my second-half Union County property tax statement in the mail. After looking over where my tax money is being spent, I saw how much Marysville School gets out of my taxes. It figured out to be 73% of the whole tax statement. Wow, yes almost three-quarters of the total taxes went to the school, which left the county, township, JVS, libraries and county health district to split up the remaining 27%. It sure seems like the school district spends someone else’s money pretty easy. I will be sure to remember this the next time they ask for a renewal or an increase for the school system.
John E. Mangas