A local fast-food restaurant caught flames yesterday following a mulch fire.
The Marysville Fire Department received a call Wednesday at 3:42 p.m. regarding a mulch fire at Culver’s of Marysville.
When first responders arrived, Chief Jay Riley said there was smoke inside and outside of the building. Firefighters then located a fire in one of the restaurant bathrooms.
He said firefighters later determined the fire began as a mulch fire outside, which spread to the outside wall and burned through it to reach the bathroom.
The Marysville Fire Department, Jerome Township Division of Fire and Allen Township Fire Department responded to the scene. Riley said the fire was extinguished within 15 minutes.
Riley said no individuals were injured in the incident and the only damage to the building was in the bathroom area.
...For the full story, select an option below.