Swimmers dive from the boards during the start of the second heat of the boys 10 and under 25-yard freestyle. The Muirfins where able to top the Stingray boy’s team to help them win the meet.
(Journal-Tribune photo by Kevin Behrens)
The Marysville Stingrays where able to split the decision between the boy’s team and girl’s team, but the Muirfins Swim Team was able to take the head-to-head meet with a combined score of 3,218 over the Rays score of 2,740.
Lilly Arledge helped the Lady Rays collect 1,725 points to beat the Muirfins. Arledge took first in the under 18 100-yard individual medley with a time of 1:12, first in the 50-yard breaststroke with a time of 36.29 and first in the 50-yard butterfly in a time of 33.28.
Arledge also helped her 200-yard medley relay team of Mikayla Seman, Morgan Grawe and Remini Roush win first place in a time of 2:07.34 and her 200-yard freestyle relay team of Grawe, Roush and Semen take first in a time of 1:54.28.
Aron Moledor was the top scorer for the boy’s team collecting 57 points and helping the Stingrays tallying 1,015. Moledor took first in the under 18 100-yard individual medley in a time of 1:09.66, first in the 50-yard freestyle in a time of 25.94 and second in the 50-yard butterfly with a time of 29.12.
He also helped his 200-yard medley relay team of Jason Moore, Ethan Turk and Jacob Markert finish first with a time of 2:04.56 and the 200-yard freestyle relay team of Moore, Turk and Joey Hazelbaker take first with a time of 1:49.81.
The following swimmers finished first in these events:
-Boys under 10 100-yard IM: Brady Cordonnier, 1:30.31
– Girls under 12 100-yard IM: Reese Cordonnier, 1:20.09
– Girls under 14 100-yard IM: Molly Gregory, 1:08.82
– Boys under 14 100-yard IM: Jacob Markert, 1:17.66
– Girls under 12 200-yard medley relay
: Alekah Daniels, Mallory Seman, Eva Taracko and Reese Cordonnier, 2:20.75
– Girls under 14 200-yard medley relay: Emma Myers, Janie Clayton, Sophia Taracko and Morgan Moody, 2:15.19
– Boys 8 and under 25-yard freestyle: Berkley Behrens, 17.66
– Girls 10 and under 25-yard freestyle: Sadie Lucas, 19.63
– Girls 14 and under 50-yard freestyle: Janie Clayton, 28.59
– Boys 14 and under 50-yard freestyle: Joey Hazelbaker, 28.54
– Girls 8 and under 25-yard backstroke: Aurora Matsuura
– Girls 12 and under 50-yard backstroke: Daniels, 35.56
– Girls 14 and under 50-yard backstroke: Taracko, 32.15
– Girls 18 and under 50-yard backstroke: Mikayla Seman, 32.72
– Girls 8 and under 25-yard breaststroke: Olivia Myers, 23.44
– Boys 8 and under 25-yard breaststroke: Behrens, 30.65
– Girls 10 and under 25-yard breaststroke: Ava Jackson, 24.72
– Boys 10 and under 25-yard breaststroke: Kyle Markert, 22.38
– Girls 14 and under 50-yard breaststroke: Mallory Seman
– Boys 14 and under 50-yard breaststroke: Markert, 36.69
– Boys 18 and under 50-yard breaststroke: Hazelbaker, 38.84
– Boys 10 and under 25-yard butterfly: Brady Cordonnier, 17.16
– Girls 14 and under 50-yard butterfly: Ava Goertz, 41.13
– Girls 18 and under 50-yard butterfly: Grawe, 29.59
– Boys 18 and under 50-yard butterfly: Turk, 28.08
– Girls 12 and under 200-yard freestyle relay: Eva Taracko, Alekah Daniels, Mallory Seman and Mya Portridge, 2:10.44
– Girls 14 and under 200-yard freestyle relay
: Carly Amrine, Emma Myers, Ava Goertz and Reese Cordonnier, 2:04.94.
...For the full story, select an option below.