North Union’s boys’ cross-country win streak has come to an end.
The Wildcats, who have won several consecutive invitationals this season, tallied the same amount of points (54) as Fairfield Union did during Saturday’s Johnstown Harrier Showdown.
Fairfield Union, however, won the title based on the sixth-place score for both teams. NU placed second.
A total of five teams competed in the Hawks Division of the event.
Westerville South was third with 58 points, followed by Licking Heights-72 and Whitehall-119.
Adam Brown was the Wildcats’ best finisher on the hilly course during a humid race. He was sixth overall with a time of 18:35.
Dalton Skaggs claimed eighth-place with a time of 18:45, while Joel Krebehenne took 10th place in 18:51.
The remaining Wildcats finished as follows:
– Brennan Griffith, 12th, 18:55;
– Gabe Burggraf, 18th, 19:14;
– Jacob Willis, 27th, 20:06;
– Zak Kratowicz, 40th, 21:24;
– Matt Millington, 41st, 21:42;
– Casey Rensel, 47th, 21:59;
– Josh Cahill, 55th, 22:49;
– Derek Ballinger, 55th, 23:04;
– John Popovich, 59th, 23:20;
– Lino Bender, 70th, 27:18;
– Calvin Harvey, 74th, 28:11;
– Mack Plotner, 75th, 28:49;
– Nathan Matlack, 79th, 41:42.
The Lady Cats placed sixth with a team score of 119.
Kamryn Rhodes was NU’s top performing runner with a sixth-place finish in a time of 21:38, while Ashlee Kohler took 21st for the Lady Cats with a time of 24:38.
The remaining North Union girls finished as follows:
– Ashley Hayward, 24th, 24:58;
– Madelyne Liebler, 45th, 26:56;
– Kaylee Smith, 47th, 27:18;
– Katie Cunningham, 52nd, 27:46;
– Libby Ardrey, 56th, 28:11.
North Union will race next at the Central Buckeye Conference finals at Indian Lake Saturday at 10 a.m.
Jonathan Alder girls take first
The Lady Pioneers cruised to a 91-point team finish to take first place at the Marion Harding Invitational on Saturday. Maddy Killian took 11th place with a time of 20:47 as the Pioneers’ top performer. Megan Hicks ran to a 20th place finish with a time of 21:30. Reggan Gray finished 21st with a time of 21:31. Maddie Davis was 25th with a time of 21:39 and Ashlyn McDaniel took 28th with a time of 21:42.
The Triad Cardinals competed at the William Saxbe Invitational on Saturday. Placing for Triad were Andrew O’Neal in 16th, Eli O’Brien in 25th, Joe Ferguson in 27th, Tavin Yorgason in 30th, Klinton Driscol in 48th, Zane Robison in 52nd and Jacob Warner in 56th.
...For the full story, select an option below.